From the beginning.....

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Evolution of @gjoscott on Twitter


If you knew my previous Twitter handle, '@gjoscott' prior to this, you may have noticed a change. Additionally, if you know me, you know I love beer.......and running.

Even before I started running last year, I thought that I would need to change my Twitter handle, and have been trying to think of something awesome to change it to. Well, with my running 'career' now fully cemented into the fiber of my being (more than 300 consecutive days running now), I feel it's appropriate to meld my running passion with my love for craft beer.

@runninghoppy is born.

Here is a terrific and obviously expertly created logo/icon I will be using (totally open to a free remake if someone wants to do it and has 'skills of an artist!'):



Very few things in life make me happier than running, the same can be said for craft beer. Of course, I love my family, I love my friends, and I love living life in general, but I share and want to spread my fanaticism for beer and running with anyone who will listen. Twitter, while not the only venue for this, is where the new name and visual change are best suited right now. My Facebook page is used for many reasons, Twitter is mostly running and beer.

You may also notice the color scheme of my new 'logo'. You are very likely to see some enthusiasm for my Oregon Ducks across the Twitter feed. I know many of my Twitter friends: root for other teams, dislike the Ducks, or could give a rat's fanny about college football/sports in general. I try to keep the awesome Ducks chatter to a minimum for these folks but the color choice was a no-brainer for me.

In the end, I believe this represents both my love of running, and my passion for craft beer in a very visual sense, and the name does the same work for me.

Nothing about my content will change, so I hope folks aren't taken by surprise and unfollow me :(

Any questions? Comments? Feedback? Tweet me or post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment